About the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A8A
Yamaha's flagship receiver is an A/V all-star
One A/V question I often hear is, "What's the best performance I can get without buying separate components for processing and amplification?" The answer is to go with a flagship-level home theater receiver like Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A8A.
The RX-A8A offers advanced decoding and processing, robust amplification, and exceptional room calibration. It's also simple to operate, thanks to Yamaha's superb control app for your phone or tablet.
High-quality sound, in one room or three
The RX-A8A has outputs for 13 speakers, and can power up to 11 at the same time.
Use all 11 channels in a 7.2.4 or 9.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system. Or, go with a more conventional surround sound setup, and repurpose the extra channels for sound in up to two additional zones.
With 150 watts of power per channel, the RX-A8A can drive stand-mount, floor-standing, or custom-integrated speakers with authority.
Advanced video processing for movies and more
Yamaha made sure the RX-A8A is compatible with the latest video technology. All seven of its HDMI inputs support 4K/60Hz content — perfect for high-quality sources like a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player or an Apple TV.
Enjoy music from a variety of sources
You get plenty of options for playing music, too. Stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to connect your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB thumb drive or networked computer.
As a bonus, the RX-A8A also supports wireless multi-room music playback when paired with additional MusicCast components.
Power and processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- high slew rate design for clear, consistent performance across a wide frequency range
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for enveloping overhead sound effects
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization creates three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- Cinema DSP HD3 adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Surround:AI™ technology analyzes your content and creates optimal surround effects in real time
- H-shaped cross frame adds additional stability to the chassis while reducing vibrations
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration
- included microphone helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) with multipoint measurement helps deliver smooth, well-balanced surround sound across different seating positions
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components together for seamless whole-home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free MusicCast app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- three-room/three-source output
- amp assign function lets you use select speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2 or 3
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 9.2-channel sound in main room
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- Zone 2 and 3 stereo preamp outputs for use with optional external amplifiers
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video content
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision®
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- analog video inputs: 2 composite, 1 component
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- stereo balanced XLR connections: 1 input, 1 output
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- includes 2 line-level mono subwoofer outputs
- outputs for 13 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Presence L/R, Rear Presence L/R, Extra SP. L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 11 channels at once
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack
- We ship from multiple locations in the USA.
- Shipping within the 48 contiguous United States ONLY.
- No international shipping.
- No delivery to Alaska or Hawaii.
- No P.O. Box delivery.
- No APO/FPO delivery.
- PayPal verified addresses only.
- Signature will be required upon delivery.
- Items will be shipped within 1-4 business day of receiving payment, with the exception of seasonal delays during winter months.
Price Match Policy
- We're committed to providing you with the best experience possible, every time you shop. Prices fluctuate in this market on a daily basis in accordance with manufacturers marketing guidelines.
- If you purchased an item and the price drops BEFORE your item has shipped, we will gladly match the new price. If your item has already left the warehouse, we cannot match any reduced pricing.
- Immediate payment is required.
- PayPal confirmed addresses only.
- We do not sell to resellers.
- Must have a valid working phone number for all orders. We will not ship items without it.
- May require additional customer verification. If information cannot be verified, we reserve the right to cancel the order.
- Returns are accepted.
- 30 Days Returns are accepted for buyer's remorse.
- Buyer pays return shipping and 20% restocking fee.
- Item MUST be returned with ALL original packaging and accessories.
- Refund will only be given upon inspection of the package.
- Any items that are missing will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If the item arrives to you damaged or defective, please contact us for instructions. Damaged or defective items are not subject to the 20% restocking fee.
- Contact must be made within 30 days of item delivery date.
- items that are sent back as defective but, upon inspection, are found to be in perfect working condition are not considered defective and will be subject to the 20% restocking fee.
- In order to prevent such occurrences, customers must call for phone support to troubleshoot with our tech support team.
- Contact must be made within 24 hours of delivery for items damaged during shipping.
- Any contact made after the 24 hour window is subject to a longer process for replacement.
- Please check shipment as soon as it arrives.
- PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE OPENING A CASE OR CLAIM! WE ARE HERE TO HELP WITH ANY AND ALL ISSUES.
Shipping Terms For Tv's
- This information will help you have a seamless and pleasant experience in receiving your new TV.
- Most of our televisions ship via freight company. You will receive an email with the freight company’s contact information. Please expect this information 2-3 days after purchase. Some 55" and 65" TVs ship Fedex ground.
- We ship from multiple locations in the USA. Where we ship from is dependent on location of the unit and may not be the warehouse closest to you.
- No international shipping. If you have the unit shipped to a freight forwarder, we are no longer responsible for the TV after they sign for it.
- No P.O. box/Fedex box/UPS box delivery.
- No APO/FPO delivery.
- PayPal verified addresses only. IMPORTANT: We cannot change or modify ANY addresses after item is purchased so check the shipping address CAREFULLY.
YOU MUST INSPECT THE TV BEFORE SIGNING FOR THE SHIPMENT. INSPECT THE BOX - write down any damage you see on the box on the delivery receipt (i.e.: hole, scratch, indentation). INSPECT THE ITEM - if the driver is willing to wait, carefully unbox your item and check for damages (i.e.: cracked screen, broken parts). If the driver is not willing to wait, inspect the item as soon as (s)he leaves.
IF THE BOX IS COMPLETELY DESTROYED - refuse the shipment.
- KEEP YOUR BOX - for 30 days after you receive it in case you need to return your item.
With over 35 years of experience, we at Five Star Buy pride ourselves on excellent customer service.
We are excited to help you with all of you A/V and Home Theater needs.
Each one of our customers is treated as VIP and we always strive for you to have a five star experience!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are here to serve you best!
Contact us at: email@example.com.
or 334-5StarBuy (334-578-2728)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.